I'm finally putting up pictures from my Washington DC trip. I went to DC the day after Thanksgiving this past year. Just to remind you, my best friend Michelle and I went to my sister Crystal's in Virginia for Thanksgiving with her family and my sister, who lives in Indiana's, family. It was a great Thanksgiving and I loved being with them all and really wish I could go back to Indiana and Virginia to visit. Anyway, the couple days after Thanksgiving we drove the 4 hours to DC, my first time there, then flew home from there.
I loved DC so much! There was so much to see and I just loved it all. I want to go back so bad, but spend a little more time there so I can see more. I took a ton of pictures and these are only a preview of them.
This is Washington DC!


We stayed in Arlington and this is a statue of Iwo Jima that was just down from our hotel. The first day we walked into the city. That was the only time we walked, it was a very long walk! Especially with 4 kids. But it was fun to see the things on the way.

Lincoln and Washington Memorials you can see from the highway (or on our walking route)

This is the Arlington Cemetery. It was so amazing to see all the headstones.

Close up view of ones we were walking past. The cemetery is right along the road.

This is a cool river we walked over.

I'm in Washington DC!

Michelle in DC

Us, together, in DC!

The first place we went was the Lincoln Memorial. I love this picture because you can see Abraham Lincoln in there. I thought it was soo cool, except those people in my way kinda ruined it for me. Oh well, I still like it!

Lincoln himself!



Standing at the top of the stairs of the Lincoln Memorial with the Washington Memorial in the background.



Next stop: Vietnam Veterans Memorial. This was very cool.



McKoy looking at the wall.


The tallest escalator I have ever been on! I think its one of the tallest in the world, that is how long it was. It was really scary! I felt like I was going to fall off.

Michelle and I standing at the bottom to try to show how tall it was.


Camille, Erik, McKoy, and Rylee riding it down.

We had to ride the escalator to get to the Metro (DC subway). It was a little nerve racking to get on at first with the 4 kids and all.

Us on the Metro.



And this is the White House!
The back of the White House anyway. The back is much closer and there are a lot less people. We got to this side first on our walking tour.


I like this picture a lot. Michelle and I were trying to get a picture together and Crystal was sitting by, so she decided to jump in. I think she looks cute! :) love you Crys!

Crystal and her husband Justin, Kayli and Kaden.

Camille and her husband Erik, McKoy and Rylee.

And the front of the White House

A close up view of the center there.

This is one of my favorite pictures! Haha Kaden was eating cookies and I told him to smile right when he had put one in, so he smiled! I just think its so cute of him.

Washington Memorial

Close up of the top

Kayli and McKoy were riding on there daddy's shoulders. We told them to hold hands, so cute!

Rylee girl!

Camille and Erik on our walk

Crystal pushing Kaden

The next stop was the National Archives Building. I really liked this place. This is where the Bill of Rights, Constitution, and Declaration are stored. This is a picture of the elevator. Very cool!

We were allowed to use flash in the room where the documents are viewed. So this pictures aren't the best.
The Declaration!


The Constitution



This is one of the National Air and Space Museum. We thought we were going to the one they show on Transformer's 2, but I guess there are 2 museums. So we didn't get to see that one, but this one was still cool.

Washington DC Temple. So gorgeous!

So Erik kinda looks creepy in this picture, but it was the best one I had. The kids were all over the place during picture time.

Best friend cousins!

Best friend sisters. Crystal, me, and Camille

While Crystal and Camille did a session at the temple Michelle and I watched the kids in the visitors center.
Kaden and I.

Other best friend cousins

Kayli

McKoy

And this is Michelle and I flying home! Okay not really cause I took this picture while in DC, but close enough.

I love Washington DC so much and I can't wait to go again so I can take many many more pictures. Love love love it!
1 comment:
Wow, it looks like you had lots of fun. You all look so cute and happy. Miss you all and can't wait to see you again.
Post a Comment